- 1 none cooking spray
- 4 medium acorn squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium onion
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 2 cup corn, canned
- 2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
- 2. Cover a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- 3. Cut acorn squash in half, seed, brush lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with black pepper. Place cut side down on baking sheet and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- 4. Dice bell pepper, and onion. Saute in a pan over medium high heat until soft.
- 5. Combine black beans, corn, bell pepper, onion, cumin and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in bowl.
- 6. Spoon half of mixture into each squash half and sprinkle each with shredded cheese. Bake 10 to 15 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
Calories: 505kcal | Carbohydrates: 82g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 812mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 5g