Southwestern Soup in the Rice CookerPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 5 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 1/2 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 cup corn, canned
- 2 medium carrot
- 1/2 cup black beans, canned
- 2 cup mango cubes, frozen
- Chop onion and garlic, and put it at the bottom of a HOT rice cooker with some oil to get it to start browning.
- While the rice cooker is heating up the onions and garlic, dice your chicken.
- Add chicken to the rice cooker and cook until browned.
- Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes, brown rice, and drained corn. Drain and rinse black beans; add to cooker. Peel and dice carrots; add to cooker.
- Turn rice cooker on to “brown rice” setting, if it has one. Otherwise, turn it on for at least 45 minutes-1 hour. Serve with mango cubes on the side.