- 1 medium onion
- 3 cup Seven-bean mix, dried
- 4 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 8 cup water
- 8 medium tortilla, whole wheat
- 2 medium tomato, red
- 4 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 medium pear
- Peel and quarter onion.
- Place dry beans, onion, garlic, salt, cumin, and water into a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 6-8 hours. Be sure to check the water level from time to time; if it gets too low add more water.
- Strain cooked beans, reserving the liquid.
- Mash beans with a mixer or potato masher, adding in the reserved water as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Dice tomatoes, shred lettuce and cheese (if needed), and slice pears.
- Spread an even layer of beans onto each tortilla, then sprinkle with tomatoes, lettuce, and cheese.
- Serve with sliced pears on the side.
Calories: 522kcal | Carbohydrates: 87g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 421mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 11g