- 1 1/2 pound beef, top sirloin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 14 1/2 ounce tomatoes with green chilies, canned
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 4 medium orange
- Cut steak into 2 inch strips and sprinkle with garlic powder. Heat oil in a large skillet over high. Brown beef for about 1 minute and add to slow cooker.
- Thoroughly whisk cornstarch into broth and add to slow cooker along with undrained tomatoes and soy sauce. Cook on high for 3-4 hours (low for 6-8 hours).
- Approximately 30 minutes before beef is done, slice onion and peppers and add to slow cooker.
- Meanwhile, cook rice as directed on package.
- Serve steak and peppers over rice with orange wedges on the side.
Calories: 764kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 127mg | Sodium: 1299mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 3g