- 3 pound beef roast
- 2 medium bell pepper, red
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 cup cornstarch
- 2 cup pineapple
- Thinly slice beef and place into slow cooker.
- Cut bell peppers and onion into large pieces and place on top of beef.
- Pour in broth. Add minced garlic, 1 tsp salt, pepper, and hot sauce (if desired). Stir well to combine. Cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until beef is no longer pink.
- About half an hour before beef is done, cook rice according to package.
- When beef is fully cooked, mix 1/2 cup water, corn starch, and remaining tsp of salt in a small saucepan; whisk well to remove lumps. Add 1 cup of liquid from the beef and continue whisking. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Allow to thicken, stirring continuously to prevent sticking or scorching.
- Add thickened sauce back to beef and stir to combine.
- Serve over rice with pineapple on the side.
Calories: 585kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 156mg | Sodium: 1007mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g