- 1 lb beef, ground, 95% lean
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup, shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat; add beef and brown; cook until no longer pink. Drain if there is an excess of liquid.
- Add to beef, the ketchup, sugar, mustard and garlic powder; stir to combine. Cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium high heat. Assemble sandwich by adding meat and cheese to whole grain bread.
- Butter the outside of sandwich and place on grill. (You can also use a panini press if you have one) Heat until browned and cheese melted; flipping to cook both sides of sandwich.
- Serve sandwich with berries and cucumber slices.
Calories: 395kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 598mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 14g