- 8 ounce penne pasta, dry
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounce turkey sausage
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 10 large Kalamata olives
- 4 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup basil, fresh
- 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 medium nectarine
- Cook pasta to al dente as directed on package. Reserve 1/2 cup of the liquid before draining.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium. Cut sausage into bite sized pieces, toss into skillet, cook and stir.
- While sausage cooks, mince garlic and cut tomatoes in half. Add to skillet. Pour in broth, salt, pepper and olives. Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add pasta and reserved liquid. Turn down heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add spinach and basil leaves (basil may be sliced thinly or kept whole) cover and remove from heat. Allow to sit for 2 minutes so greens can wilt.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese, and serve nectarines on the side.
Calories: 457kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 573mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 15g