- 3 pound chicken thigh, boneless, skinless
- 3 slices (1″ dia) ginger root, fresh
- 1 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cup brown rice, raw
- 2 cup broccoli, florets
- 2 cup strawberries
- Place chicken in the bottom of a crockpot.
- Peel ginger root and slice into thin pieces. Crush with the back of a wooden spoon to release the juices, then sprinkle over top of the chicken.
- Whisk together soy sauce, water, and brown sugar; pour over chicken, cover, and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Just before settling in for dinner, prepare the rice as directed on the package.
- Chop broccoli into bite-size pieces and place into a microwave safe dish. Add 1/4 cup of water and cook on high for 5-7 minutes until tender.
- Serve chicken with rice, broccoli, and strawberries on the side. (Serving size: 2 thighs, 1/2 cup rice, 1/2 cup broccoli, 1/2 cup strawberries)
Calories: 565kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 55g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 197mg | Sodium: 2927mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 12g