- 1/2 lb beef, ground, 90% lean
- 1 medium onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 cup kidney beans, canned
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 can diced tomatoes, canned
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 6 cup spinach
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/4 cup, chopped walnuts
- 4 tablespoon poppy seed dressing, light
- Place ground beef in a large saucepan on medium-high. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; stirring to crumble. Chop onion and add to skillet. saute until tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and beans (undrained), chili powder, tomatoes and tomato sauce; stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 10-12 minutes allowing flavors to blend and sauce to thicken a bit.
- Assemble salad by simply tossing all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Serve chili hot, with salad on the side.
Calories: 327kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 933mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 14g