- 5 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 clove garlic
- 1/8 cup lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 wooden skewers
- 3 stalk green onion
- 2 medium mango
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over low heat. Slice garlic and add to oil. Cook for 3-5 minutes until it becomes soft. Add 1 tablespoon of lime juice, pepper, and salt. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Skewer shrimp and lay onto a foil lined baking sheet. Pour the garlic oil over the shrimp, cover, and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes but up to 6 hours.
- While marinating, prepare rice as directed on package (wait longer, if you are marinating for a longer period of time).
- Thinly slice onions, peel and cut mango into cubes, and chop cilantro. Mix in a bowl with remaining lime juice and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven (or grill) to 375°F. Once heated, bake shrimp for 3-5 minutes or until pink and firm; watch closely so they do not over-cook. Place onto skewers.
- Serve warm rice topped with shrimp and mango salsa. Enjoy!
Calories: 489kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 182mg | Sodium: 437mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 14g