- 1 1/2 cup brown rice, cooked
- 4 ounces Shrimp, mixed, cooked
- 1/2 medium onion
- 4 medium orange
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, balsamic
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1 medium lime
- 1/2 medium avocado
- Prepare rice as directed on package.
- Chop onion; divide one orange into sections, and reserve the remaining oranges for a side with the meal.
- Mince garlic and cook it with onion in a skillet coated with cooking spray on medium-high heat for 4 minutes. Stir in vinegar, sugar and black pepper, cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat, spoon into bowl. Chop tomato and add to onion mixture along with orange slices and 1/4 of lime juiced.
- In the same skillet used for vegetables, melt butter on medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook until pink in color; approximately 4-5 minutes. Turn off heat and add the salsa mixture. Serve over rice topped with an avocado slice and extra orange wedges on the side.
Calories: 361kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 45mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 3g