- 2 1/2 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 4 medium tomato, red
- 2 1/2 teaspoon Cajun spice
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounce shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste, canned
- 1 cup, shredded fontina cheese
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- 4 cup watermelon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook quinoa as directed on package.
- While quinoa is cooking, cut tomatoes into chunks and mix with 1 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning; set aside. Chop onion and mince garlic; set aside separately.
- In a large skillet (preferably oven-safe), heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium. Season shrimp with 1 teaspoon of the Cajun seasoning and add to skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until shrimp has become opaque in color. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in the same skillet and add onions and garlic. Cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally; onions should become translucent. Stir in the cooked quinoa, tomatoes, tomato paste, shrimp, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of Cajun spice.
- If skillet is oven-proof, sprinkle cheese on top and place directly into oven. Otherwise, place mixture into an 8X10 baking dish before adding the cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and starts to brown.
- Top with fresh cilantro and serve with watermelon on the side.
Calories: 710kcal | Carbohydrates: 88g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 168mg | Sodium: 333mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 14g