Flavorful shrimp is seared and flavored with garlic and fresh herbs. Serve it over whole grain quinoa with a side of corn and fresh fruit.
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 12 ounce shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 medium corn on the cob
- 4 medium kiwi
- Cook quinoa as directed on package; set aside covered.
- Add corn to a large pot of water; bring to a rolling boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes; drain and set aside.
- For the shrimp: Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add a single layer of shrimp at a time. Sear about 15 seconds per side or until shrimp are an orangey color; transfer to a plate. Repeat until all shrimp have been seared, adding more oil as needed.
- Reduce heat to medium and add 2 teaspoons of oil. Mince garlic and add to skillet; cook 2 minutes or until slightly golden in color and fragrant. Stir in paprika and then shrimp. Slightly reduce heat. Cook 1-2 minutes or until shrimp are fully cooked (do not walk away at this point, shrimp cook quickly and become firm when over-cooked).
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley, cilantro, and lemon juice.
- Serve shrimp on a bed of quinoa with corn and kiwi slices on the side. (Add butter to corn if desired.)