- 1 cup Quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 medium (approx 2-3/4″ long, 2-1/2″ dia) bell pepper, green
- 1/2 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 spray , about 1/3 second (1 NLEA serving) cooking spray
- 6 large egg
- 1/8 cup Milk, Low fat 1%
- 4 oz Parmesan cheese
- 1 fruit (3-3/4″ dia) grapefruit
- 2 fruit (2-5/8″ dia) orange
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, or use quinoa leftover from last night’s dinner, until eggs are finished.
- Chop pepper, mushrooms, and roughly chop spinach (or leave whole). Spray a skillet and preheat to medium high.
- Whisk together eggs and add the milk. Fold in vegetables. Pour in eggs.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, until the bottom begins to get firm. Stir and scramble, allow to cook an additional 4 minutes, until eggs are no longer runny.
- Remove from heat, grate parmesan cheese over eggs. Serve on top of quinoa with grapefruit and orange wedges.
Calories: 465kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 304mg | Sodium: 632mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 6g