Scrambled Eggs in a Pita PocketPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup pieces mushrooms, white
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 8 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 ounce cheddar cheese
- 4 large pita, whole wheat
- 2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- Finely dice mushrooms and 1/4 of the bell pepper; cut remaining pepper into thin strips and set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add mushrooms and diced peppers to hot skillet; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes. (If veggies begin to stick, add a bit of cooking spray.)
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until fluffy.
- Add eggs to veggies and cook for 2-3 minutes before stirring, then stir and continue to cook until eggs are nearly set.
- Stir in cheese and allow to melt, then remove from heat.
- Slice pitas in half and gently open pockets; stuff each with egg mixture.
- Serve warm with pepper slices and applesauce on the side.