- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 10 ounce spinach, frozen
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 pound turkey, ground
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, plain
- 2 ounce feta cheese crumbles
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 medium cucumber
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 2 teaspoon dill weed, dried
- 1 medium cantaloupe
- Cook quinoa as directed on package; cover and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 9X13 inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Thaw spinach and remove from package, squeezing out as much liquid as possible. Finely dice onion and mince 1 clove garlic. Add to a large mixing bowl, along with turkey, bread crumbs, feta, egg, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, oregano, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Use your hands to mix thoroughly, and shape into 1-inch balls.
- Place meatballs into the prepared baking dish and bake for 20 minutes. Turn over and bake for 10 additional minutes or until centers are cooked through and are no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, peel cucumber, remove the seeds, and finely dice. Mince remaining clove of garlic, and place both into a mixing bowl. Add yogurt, dill, and remaining lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine, then set aside.
- Drizzle sauce over quinoa and top with meatballs. Serve with honeydew on the side.
Calories: 581kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 144mg | Sodium: 709mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 18g