- 10 ounce pasta, shapes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 3 clove garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 14 ounce turkey sausage
- 6 cup, chopped kale
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cup grapes
- Cook pasta to al dente as directed on package, cover and set aside, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid.
- Chop onion and bell pepper; mince garlic. Heat oil in a large sauté pan; add vegetables, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove casing on sausage and add to skillet. Cook 6-8 minutes until browned, stirring to break sausage into smaller bits as it cooks.
- Add kale, cover and allow to wilt: 2-3 minutes. Uncover and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add pasta to skillet along with 1/3 cup of reserved pasta water. Bring to boil. Add cheese and stir, adding more reserved water if needed. Cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Serve with grapes on the side.
Calories: 540kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 1143mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 17g