- 1 pound chicken breast
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 4 medium peach
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 medium Spaghetti Squash
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- Place chicken in your slow cooker and top with salsa. Chop two of the peaches and add to the mix. Season with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook on low for 3 1/2 – 4 hours, or until the chicken is no longer pink. Shred and stir in with the salsa and peaches.
- When your chicken has only an hour left to cook, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cut squash in half, lengthwise and remove the seeds. Place onto a baking sheet, open side down and roast for 30 minutes. When it is done, use a fork to scrape out the squash. It will look like spaghetti. Set this aside for your vegetable side.
- While the squash is in the oven, cook your quinoa. It will cook fast, too!
- Serve by topping squash with a bit of quinoa and then the chicken. The remaining peaches may be sliced and served on the side. (Serving size: 1/2 cup shredded chicken, 3/4 cup spaghetti squash, 1/2 cup quinoa, 1/2 peach)
Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 586mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 15g