- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cup cilantro
- 12 ounce salmon
- 4 cup, chopped kale
- 3 stalk green onion
- 1 none cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup Normandy Blend vegetables, frozen
- Cook brown rice according to package directions. Whisk 2 tablespoons of lime juice with 1 tablespoons honey, 1 teaspoon of dried cilantro (or some fresh cilantro) and a pinch of salt to make the marinade. Pour the marinade over the salmon and let sit while preparing the rice.
- Chop about 1/2 pound of kale, 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, and dice 3-4 green onions.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Add the kale, 1 tablespoon of the lime juice and a pinch or two of kosher salt. Cook for about a minute until wilting.
- Add the cooked brown rice, cilantro, green onions and remaining tablespoon of lime juice and another pinch of salt. Combine everything well allowing the flavors to merge.
- Heat a second skillet over medium-high heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Cook the salmon 2-3 minutes a side depending on thickness. (For thick salmon it may take more like 5-6 minutes per side) After the first flip pour any leftover marinade over the fillets.
- Serve the salmon over the rice with Normandy Blend Vegetables (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower) on the side.
Calories: 463kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 191mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g