- 12 ounce salmon
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 cup, chopped kale
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 2 medium orange
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Place salmon in a baking dish. Spritz each piece with lemon juice and sprinkle with lemon zest (approximately 1 teaspoon of zest). Bake for 15 minutes or until the fish easily flakes when pulled with a fork.
- Meanwhile, cook rice as directed on package.
- While rice is cooking, heat oil in a skillet over medium. Dice onion and add to hot oil. Peel sweet potato and then grate into skillet with onion. Stir in coriander, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Cook until potato has softened. Add chopped kale and butter; stir to combine. Cover, turn heat down to low, and cook approximately 5 minutes until kale has wilted. Stir in rice and remove from heat.
- Serve salmon with rice and orange wedges on the side.
Calories: 497kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 369mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 2g