- 12 ounce salmon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard, dijon
- 1/2 tablespoon vinegar, balsamic
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 1/2 pound winter squash
- 2 medium apple
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place whole squash on a baking sheet and roast for 1 hour or until the skin is papery and a fork inserted into 2 or 3 different spots reveals very tender flesh. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare brown rice as directed on package.
- While squash is cooling, reduce the oven temperature to 400 degrees for the fish.
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper, and cook for 10 minutes.
- While salmon is baking, mix together the sauce ingredients.
- After 10 minutes of cooking, brush sauce over the fish. Turn the oven to broil and continue cooking until fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- When squash is cool enough to touch, peel away the skin, discard the seeds, and cut into cubes.
- Serve salmon with squash, rice and apple slices on the side.
Calories: 554kcal | Carbohydrates: 88g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 398mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 31g