- 12 ounce salmon
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper/chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 3 1/3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, fresh
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. The piece of foil should be big enough to fold over and seal the fish.
- In a small bowl, add lemon juice, minced garlic, and melted butter. Whisk everything together.
- Place salmon on prepared baking sheet.
- Pour the butter mixture over the salmon.
- Season with salt, pepper, oregano, and red pepper flakes.
- Fold the sides of the foil over the salmon. Make sure it is well sealed so the sauce does not leak.
- Place into oven and bake until cooked for about 20-25 minutes.*
- Open the foil and broil the fish for 2-3 minutes. Be careful not to burn the fish!
- Remove from the oven. Using a spoon, pour some of the butter sauce left in the foil onto the salmon before serve. Garnish with parsley.
- Serve it with Ginger-Chile Roasted Acorn Squash
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Place baking sheet in over (leave pan in oven as it preheats).
- Cut squash halves into 1-inch-thick slices. Combine 3 tablespoons oil, grated ginger, chili, and salt; rub over slices. Arrange in a single layer on preheated pan. Bake at 425 F for 25 minutes; turn over after 15 minutes.
- Combine remaining 1 teaspoon oil and honey; drizzle over squash. Top with pomegranate and cilantro.
Calories: 442kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 851mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g