Salmon and Zucchini Salad
A fresh, simple, and grain-free menu idea for your next grilling night.Print Pin Rate
- 2 medium zucchini
- 12 ounce salmon
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 cup basil, fresh
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- 4 medium peach
- Preheat grill, or grill pan to high heat.
- Thinly slice zucchini, set aside, covered.
- Drizzle fillets with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle fillets evenly with 3/8 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Arrange fillets on grill rack or grill pan; grill 5 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning once.
- Grate lemon rind to equal 1 1/2 teaspoons. Squeeze juice to equal 2 tablespoons. Combine rind, juice, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, remaining 3/8 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, zucchini, and lightly chopped basil, in a bowl; toss gently to coat. Top each serving with 2/3 cup of salad, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon almonds. Serve sliced peaches on the side.
Calories: 383kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 501mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 16g