- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 8 ounce ricotta cheese, part skim milk
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon oregano, fresh
- 2 tablespoon basil, fresh
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 4 regular hoagie roll
- 4 cup lettuce, romaine
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 4 tablespoon ranch dressing, low fat
- 4 medium orange
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Slice zucchini in 1/4-inch thick rounds. Place them in a bowl and toss with sea salt; allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Blot zucchini with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. Place on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with pepper. Roast for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, mix ricotta, minced garlic clove, oregano, basil and milk. Blend well until smooth.
- Slice open rolls. Spread each with ricotta and layer with zucchini; close sandwich.
- Shred lettuce and dice tomato. Place in a bowl and toss with dressing.
- Serve sandwiches with salad and orange wedges.
Calories: 543kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 1622mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 8g