- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium squash, summer
- 1/4 medium onion
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 cup broccoli, florets
- 1 cup diced mushrooms, portabella
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 12 ounce macaroni pasta, dry
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 12 ounce evaporated milk, nonfat
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cup strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet (or two) with foil.
- Dice pepper, squash, and onion; peel and dice potato, cut broccoli into bite-sized pieces, and slice mushrooms in half. Try making all veggies similar in size.
- Add all veggies to a large mixing bowl, along with olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Toss until coated evenly, then spread out onto a baking sheet. If the veggies begin to overlap, a second baking sheet may used. Bake for 30 minutes until soft and slightly browned, stirring half way through.
- While veggies are roasting, cook pasta to al dente according to the package instructions. Drain and return to pan. Stir in butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, paprika, and remaining salt and pepper. Add to the pasta, stir, and cook over medium until heated through–approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheeses until fully coated. Fold in the veggies.
- Serve with sliced strawberries on the side.
Calories: 747kcal | Carbohydrates: 99g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 1033mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 18g