Roasted Asparagus with Hollandaise SaucePrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, yolk
- 1 medium lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne or red pepper
- 4 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Trim the woody ends from the asparagus and spread out the spears into a single layer in a shallow roasting pan or baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and roll to coat thoroughly. Roast approximately 10 minutes until lightly browned and tender, giving the pan a good shake about halfway through.
- Meanwhile, put the egg yolk, lemon juice, and cayenne in a blender. Pulse to combine.
- Melt the butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. With the blender running, gradually add the melted butter into the egg to make a smooth, frothy sauce. If the sauce is really thick, blend in a teaspoon of lukewarm water to loosen it up. Season with additional salt to taste, and serve drizzled over asparagus.