- 1 1/4 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 1/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup oats, dry
- 1 1/2 cups Rhubarb diced
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients – flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- In another medium bowl, mix together the wet ingredients (oil through vanilla). Add dry ingredients and stir until just combined, being careful not to over mix.
- Gently fold in diced rhubarb and oats.
- Fill muffin papers 3/4 full and bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick entered into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Calories: 668kcal | Carbohydrates: 137g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 408mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 35g