- 4 ounce fettuccine pasta, dry
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 4 clove garlic
- 2 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 3 cup green beans
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- Cook pasta as directed on package, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid when draining.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium. Finely chop onion and mince garlic. Add onion and half the garlic to hot oil; saute for 1-2 minutes. Add tomato sauce, salt and pepper; stir and cook for 20 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally to prevent sauce from sticking to skillet.
- Meanwhile, heat a second skillet over medium-high heat and add remaining oil. Once hot, add green beans; cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid burning. Add other half of minced garlic and sea salt; cook for 30 seconds longer, stirring to coat beans evenly. Add water, cover, and cook for 1-2 minutes. When beans are crisp-tender, remove from heat.
- Remove sauce from heat; stir in cream and cheese. Add pasta and basil; stir well to coat evenly.
- Serve pasta with beans on the side.
Calories: 518kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 1162mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 12g