- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 8 link chicken apple sausage
- 1 medium onion
- 3 stalk celery
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 2 medium carrot
- 10 clove garlic
- 30 ounce kidney beans, canned
- 3/4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper/chili flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley, fresh
- 2 tablespoon vinegar, red wine
- 2 cup grapes
- Cook brown rice according to package directions. While the rice cooks, halve sausage links lengthwise and slice. Chop onion, celery, and bell pepper. Slice carrot and mince garlic.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add sausage; cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in onion, celery, bell pepper, carrot and garlic; cook 8 minutes.
- Drain and rinse beans. Mash 1/2 cup beans with a fork. Add mashed beans, remaining 2 1/2 cups beans, chicken broth, and ground red pepper to sausage mixture. Bring to a simmer; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in half the parsley and the vinegar.
- Divide rice among 6 bowls; top evenly with bean mixture. Sprinkle with remaining parsley.
Calories: 544kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 18g | Sodium: 461mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 13g