These Chocolate Raspberry Bran Muffins pack in a surprising amount of fiber and nutrition, but taste delicious enough to be dessert!
Chocolate Raspberry Bran Muffins
- 2 cup bran cereal Fiber One
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1/2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup raspberries, frozen
- Heat oven to 375° F. Place muffin liners in muffin pan or grease muffin tin well.
- Place bran cereal in a blender or food processor and coarsely crush.
- Add crushed cereal to a medium bowl and stir in buttermilk; let stand 5 minutes.
- Add oil, eggs, and vanilla into cereal; whisk to combine. Add flours, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir just until moistened.
- Gently fold in raspberries (do not thaw).
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Immediately remove muffins from pan and allow to cool on a wire rack before serving.