- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup green beans
- 1/2 medium squash, summer
- 2 medium apple
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, jarred
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, balsamic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Cook quinoa according to the package directions and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Boil a pot of water; cut beans into smaller pieces and allow to boil for 1-2 minutes. Drain the beans and place into ice water; drain and set aside. This enables you to soften the beans yet keep them crisp.
- Quarter and thinly slice squash; dice apples (you will need one cup), and quarter artichokes. Add this all to a bowl with the beans, quinoa, and remaining ingredients. Toss to coat.
Calories: 354kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 721mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 12g