- 6 medium sweet potato
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cup water
- 3/4 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 3/4 cup corn, frozen
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 2 medium lime
- Wash sweet potatoes and poke with a fork. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees F for 40 minutes, or microwave for 5 minutes for first potato and 3 minutes for each additional potato.
- When potatoes are cooked, slice in half and scoop out most of the potato, and save for another recipe. Leave a little in the skin.
- Rinse quinoa well. Add 2 cups of water with quinoa and cook either on the stove top on medium for about 15 minutes, or in a rice cooker.
- While quinoa cooks, dice pepper, onion, mince garlic and drain and rinse beans.
- When quinoa is cooked, combine with remaining ingredients, juicing the limes and adding to the mixture.
- Stuff potatoes with quinoa mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese if desired, and broil in the oven until cheese is melted and golden. (1-2 minutes)
Calories: 318kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 348mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 9g