- 1/2 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 medium onion
- 3 clove garlic
- 3 medium carrot
- 6 ounce pepper jack cheese
- 28 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 1 tablespoon cumin, ground
- 3 cup spinach
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 6 medium bell pepper, green
- 6 medium kiwi
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Rinse quinoa and cook according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, dice onion, mince garlic, and shred carrots. Grate the cheese. Drain tomatoes, reserving liquid; drain and rinse beans and set aside.
- Heat a very large skillet over medium. Sauté onion for 5 minutes. Add cumin and garlic; sauté 1 minute more.
- Add tomatoes and spinach to the skillet; cook for 5 minutes. Stir in beans, cooked quinoa, and carrots. Heat for a few minutes more, then stir in 4 ounces cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the reserved liquid from the tomatoes into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Cut tops off the bell peppers and remove the inner ribs and seeds with a spoon.
- Fill each pepper with a heaping amount of quinoa mixture and place in the prepared baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until peppers are soft.
- Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes more until cheese has melted. Let stand 5 minutes, then drizzle with pan juices.
- Serve peppers with kiwi on the side.
Calories: 334kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 11g | Sodium: 508mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 15g