- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, light
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, gluten free
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 stalk green onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 large egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, plain
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 medium carrot
- 4 cup spinach
- 4 cup lettuce, shredded
- 2 medium orange
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions; let cool.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, honey, mustard, soy sauce, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Dice onion, chop green onions, and mince garlic. Add to a large bowl along with the quinoa, salt, pepper, Parmesan, eggs, and bread crumbs. Mix well to combine.
- Add oil to a large skillet and heat over medium.
- Drop 1/4 cup size balls of quinoa mixture into the skillet (an ice cream scoop works great!), then smash flat with a spatula.
- Fry about 4 minutes per side until golden and crisp.
- Chop tomato; peel and dice cucumber and carrot. Add to a large bowl along with the spinach and lettuce; toss to combine.
- Serve quinoa patties over salad, topped with honey mustard dressing. Serve orange wedges on the side.
Calories: 229kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 351mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g