- 4 ounce bowtie (farfalle) pasta, dry
- 1 cup Quinoa, cooked
- 1 lb beef, ground, 90% lean
- 1 1/4 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp, ground black pepper, ground
- 2 medium carrot
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cup GREEN BEANS, SNAP
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 4 fruit (2″ dia) kiwi
- Cook pasta and quinoa, according to package directions.
- Mix cooked quinoa in with beef, 1/4 cup marinara sauce, seasoning and grated, then chopped, carrots (use less if you feel there may be too much). Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon oil into a large skillet, pre-heated over medium heat; drop in the meatballs; cook until browned and no longer pink inside. Just before they finish cooking, add the remaining marinara sauce, heat through.
- Serve over bowtie pasta with a side of green beans and grapes.
- Place 1 tablespoon olive oil in skillet with garlic. Brown garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add green beans and broth. Simmer green beans in the broth for 7-8 minutes.
Calories: 690kcal | Carbohydrates: 96g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 609mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 17g