- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cup water
- 4 medium carrot
- 2 tbsp chopped shallot
- 4 stalk green onion
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 clove garlic
- 3 tsp ginger root, fresh
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 2 large egg
- 2 cup pineapple
- Stir quinoa in a saucepan with the water. Bring to a boil, turn down heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes; until tender.
- While quinoa is cooking, dice carrots; thinly slice shallots; set each aside separately. Cut green onions, separating the white parts from the green.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large non-stick sauté pan; add carrots, shallots and the whites of the onions; cook for 5 minutes. Mince garlic and it to the wok along with the greens of the onion and grated ginger; season with sea salt and toss together. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cooked quinoa, lightly stir to combine. Add the sauce, sesame oil and hot sauce (if heat is desired), combine gently.
- Whisk eggs, push aside the quinoa and add the eggs to the wok; cook and stir constantly, until eggs are no longer runny; mix in with quinoa.
- Serve warm with pineapple on the side.
Calories: 357kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 941mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 12g