- 1 none cooking spray
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 4 medium banana
- 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 4 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup oats, dry
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 medium apple
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degres. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Cook quinoa as directed on package.
- Mix together the applesauce, 3 mashed bananas (reserve the fourth one), almond milk, honey and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the quinoa, oats and cinnamon. Gradually add oat mixture to the fruit mash, mixing gently.
- Peel and chop the apple; fold into the batter along with the walnuts.
- Pour an even amount of batter into the muffin cups. Add a slice of banana to the tops of each and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Calories: 282kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 10mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 13g