Quinoa & Black BeansPrint Pin Rate
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium onion
- 3 clove garlic
- 3/4 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne or red pepper
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 30 ounce black beans, canned
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 medium mango
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Dice pepper and onion; mince garlic.
- Add veggies and garlic to hot oil. Saute for 1-2 minutes, then add quinoa, cumin, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper (if desired), and broth. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until nearly all the broth has been absorbed.
- Drain and rinse beans; add to quinoa along with corn. Heat through and stir in chopped cilantro.
- Serve with mango on the side.