- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 8 ounce turkey sausage, ground
- 3 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/8 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup pumpkin, canned
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sage, ground
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/8 cup cilantro
- 2 cup grapes
- Cook rice as directed on package. Add sausage to a skillet and cook over medium; cook until browned and no longer pink. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth and then gradually add milk, half-n-half, and pumpkin puree. Continue to whisk until smooth again. Once sauce bubbles, reduce heat to a simmer and allow to thicken.
- Remove from heat and stir in nutmeg, sage, Parmesan, salt, and pepper. Add cooked rice and sausage; mix until combined.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with grapes on the side.
Calories: 539kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 683mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 17g