- 3 cup water
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peaches, canned in own juice
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup, pure
- Boil water. Add oats and salt, stir. Allow water to come back to a boil while keeping a watchful eye since it tends to quickly boil over.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Stir occasionally so that the oats do not stick. Oats will become creamy. You may cook longer if a thicker consistency is desired.
- Drain the peaches. Top the oatmeal with peaches, walnuts and chia seeds. Add maple syrup if you prefer a sweeter taste.
Calories: 353kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 87mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 13g