- 2 medium potato, red
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 slice turkey bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 cup, chopped kale
- 4 large egg
- 4 medium apple
- Cut potatoes into 1/2 inch pieces and add to a pot full of water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 8-10 minutes. (Do not overcook, you are not looking for a very tender potato.) Drain and set aside.
- Chop the onion and mince the garlic; set aside separately.
- Heat a large skillet over medium and add bacon. Cook 5-7 minutes or until crispy. Remove from pan and pat with a paper towel to remove any excess grease; chop into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add potatoes and onion. Stir and cook until potatoes begin to brown. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Gradually add kale 1 cup at a time; allow to cook down and become crispy. Once all kale has been cooked, return bacon to skillet and toss to combine.
- Spray a separate skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium. Add as many eggs as will fit without overlapping, be careful not to break the yolks. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until whites are set. Flip over and cook opposite side; remove from heat. Repeat with any remaining eggs.
- Slice the apples. Serve each egg on top of potato and bacon hash with apple slices on the side.
Calories: 293kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 198mg | Sodium: 544mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 22g