- 4 medium beet
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, fresh
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 medium sweet potato
- 1 pound pork chop, boneless
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, balsamic
- 2 medium orange
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Peel beets and chop into 1 inch cubes. Use plastic gloves to avoid staining your hands! Toss in a bowl with minced rosemary, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add to an 8×8 inch baking dish. Wash sweet potatoes and pierce each a few times with a fork. Wrap in foil. Place beets and sweet potatoes in the oven. Roast beets for 25 minutes. Continue to cook sweet potatoes 5-10 minutes longer, until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, place pork chops in a zip lock bag; add Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, and 1/8 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Toss around to fully coat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium. Add pork chops. Cook on each side for 3-4 minutes, until no longer pink in the center.
- When beets have finished roasting, drain excess liquid into a small bowl. Mix with honey and balsamic vinegar, then drizzle back over beets. Toss until well coated.
- Serve all while still warm.
Calories: 454kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 354mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 16g