- 1 medium poblano pepper
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 1 medium onion, sweet
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, brown, Italian, or Crimini
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 1/2 cup bulgur, dry
- 2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 2/3 cup Kefir
- Slice the peppers into strips. Slice the onions vertically, and slice mushrooms. Chop sun-dried tomatoes into thin strips. Mince garlic, and slice 1 pound chicken into bite size pieces.
- Heat oil in non-stick skillet over med-high heat. Once hot add the peppers, onion and garlic. Saute until starting to lightly brown.
- Add chicken, thyme, sun-dried tomato and mushrooms. Stir. Once mushrooms are cooked, add bulgur, stock and kefir.
- Bring to simmer, cover, and reduce heat to low-medium. Stir after about 10 minutes. Recover and cook until liquid is absorbed (around 8-10 more minutes).
Calories: 456kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 147mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 12g