This quick and easy pasta meal is the perfect balance of fun and nutrition! Broccoli, carrots, mini pepperoni and melty cheese give the flavor of a loaded pizza to a comforting pasta bake.
- 8 ounce macaroni pasta, dry
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 cup broccoli, florets
- 1 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 ounce pepperoni
- 1 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 1 medium cucumber
- 4 cup lettuce, shredded
- 2 cup grapes
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Boil the pasta as instructed on package in a large stock pot. While pasta cooks, peel and dice carrots and chop broccoli into florets (if not purchased this way).
- Toss veggies in with the pasta during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain pasta and vegetables; return to pot.
- Pour in the pizza sauce, diced tomatoes, garlic and salt into the pot. Stir this all together until it is well coated.
- Next, pour this mixture into a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Sprinkle with cheese and pepperoni.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Dice pepper and cucumber; toss with shredded lettuce and set aside.
- Serve pasta dish with grapes and salad that has been drizzled with your favorite dressing.