- 15 ounce pinto beans, canned
- 4 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 large pita, whole wheat
- 15 ounce tomato sauce
- 4 ounce mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon basil, dried
- 4 medium apple
- 4 medium carrot
- Slice apples and cut carrots into sticks. Set aside.
- Drain, rinse, and mash beans; stir in chili powder then spread equally onto each pita.
- Spread tomato sauce over beans and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella.
- Microwave each for 30 seconds or until warmed through and cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle with basil, and serve with apples and carrots on the side.
Calories: 481kcal | Carbohydrates: 91g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 1421mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 29g