- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon yeast, active dry
- 2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounce cream cheese
- 3 slice Sliced Ham (or Leftover Ham)
- 2 medium bell pepper, red
- 2 medium bell pepper, orange
- For the dough, warm 1 cup of water, and dissolve sugar into it. Sprinkle the yeast on the water, and let proof for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add half of the flour, salt and oil, and mix. Add remaining flour and mix with a wooden spoon or mixer. Knead dough between your fingers until it’s easy to handle, and doesn’t stick to your hands by adding small amounts of flour. Place dough in a greased bowl and allow to rise for about 30-40 min.
- When dough has doubled in size, remove from bowl and roll out (about 18 inches long). Spread cream cheese on dough. Chop ham and sprinkle on dough. Roll up like a jelly roll. Slice 2 inch chunks off the roll and placed on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes, or until dough is cooked through.
- Serve with bell peppers
Calories: 243kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 415mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g