- 8 ounce penne pasta, dry
- 1 cup green peas, frozen
- 4 cup basil, fresh
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, dried
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1 cup grapes
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Remove pasta through a slotted spoon reserving the cooking water.
- Add frozen peas to the hot water to thaw, then remove and add to pasta.
- Make pesto by placing basil, garlic, pine nuts, oil, salt, pepper, and Parmesan into a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. (You may simply substitute with store-bought pesto if desired.)
- Dice tomato.
- Add pesto and tomato to pasta mixture and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until chilled if preferred; serve grapes on the side.
Calories: 674kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 227mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g