Egg dishes are my favorite breakfast for my kids. Eggs are full of nutrients that kids need for brain development and growth. I also love sharing egg dishes here because they are a whole foods way of eating a gluten free diet. This breakfast may seem like too many steps for the morning, but for just a few minutes of prep (and 18 minutes in the oven) your kids can have a super healthy way to start their day.
We started with the ingredients:
- Red Bell Pepper
- Bacon (we used turkey bacon)
Then, we chopped and cooked the potatoes in the microwave for 5 minutes:
Then, we chopped and sauteed the garlic, onion, pepper, and added the Turkey bacon.
Then, combined all the veggies together.
Then, we spooned about 2-3 TBL of the veggies in each of 12 muffin cups and topped it with eggs.
Then we baked it for 18 minutes at 375 degrees.
- 3 small potato, red
- 1/4 large onion
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, red
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 ounce cheddar cheese
- 2 slice cooked bacon
- 9 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Cut potatoes into small chunks. Place potatoes on a plate and cover with saran wrap, or in a microwave safe dish. Place in microwave for 5 minutes and set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Chop onion and bell pepper; mince garlic. Cook bacon. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic; saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat. Stir in potato, cheese, and bacon.
- Combine eggs, salt, and black pepper. Spoon vegetable mixture evenly into 12 muffin cups or 6-ounce ramekins coated with cooking spray. Pour egg mixture evenly over vegetable mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 18 minutes or until set. Remove from muffin cups, and cool slightly.
I love these recipes for gluten free families because it shows that you don’t have to buy special ingredients or products to live a gluten free life! That is why we put together our 30 day Gluten Free meal plan. It has breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner recipes just like this one, for 30 days! Check it out here: GLUTEN FREE MEAL PLAN.