- 8 ounce penne pasta, dry
- 1 pound beef, ground, 95% lean
- 1 medium bell pepper, orange
- 1 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 2 cup grapes
- Prepare pasta as directed on package.
- While pasta is boiling, heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Add beef to the hot skillet and cook until no longer pink, stirring frequently to crumble. Drain off excess fat, then set aside, covered.
- Cut veggies into bite-sized pieces, grate cheese (if needed), and heat the sauce (on the stovetop or in the microwave); set all aside separately.
- Set all ingredients out in the serving area and allow everyone to prepare their own pasta as desired. Use this as a time to encourage the addition of a new veggie!
- Don’t forget the grapes! (Serving size: 1 cup pasta; ~1/3 cup sauce; toppings as desired; 1/2 cup grapes)
Calories: 494kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 618mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 18g