- 1/3 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 fruit (2″ dia) lime
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound beef steak, any cut
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium bell pepper, orange
- 1 medium onion
- 4 medium tortilla, whole wheat
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 cup mango cubes, frozen
- 1 cup pineapple
- For the marinade: Whisk together soy sauce, juice of the limes, grapeseed oil, minced garlic, honey, cumin, and chili powder. Pour marinade into a large ziplock bag.
- Slice steak into strips and add to the Ziplock bag. Place in the refrigerator and marinate for at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Just before removing steak from the refrigerator, slice bell peppers and onion. Allow frozen mango to thaw
- Heat a large skillet over medium. Add steak, discarding marinade, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add peppers and onions to skillet and stir occasionally, allowing vegetables to soften. Cook meat until desired doneness is reached, but remember for children it is always best to cook until no longer pink.
- Wrap tortillas in a paper towel and heat in microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- Add steak and peppers to the tortillas; top with salsa and a few avocado slices. Serve mango and pineapple chunks on the side.
Calories: 720kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 1525mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 32g